Are you ready to work for a purpose in addition to a paycheck? Tired of lifeless office cubicles surrounded by people who'd rather be doing anything else but working? Do you feel like the workplace is your calling and you're ready to work in a place where what you do actually makes the world a better place?
New North is on a mission to take the mystery out of marketing.
We are purpose-driven; through service opportunities and charitable giving that changes lives in our community and impact lives throughout the world.
--- What we offer @ New North ---
- Fun, engaging work environment (couches, no cubes, standing desks, etc)
- Downtown Frederick location
- Running Meetings
- Flexible Schedules
- Start-up energy with a focus on work-life balance
- Being able to smile when you go home knowing you made a difference.
--- Do you want to join us? ----
The Senior Account Strategist is an experienced, highly motivated, and energetic team player with the ability to stimulate enthusiasm in others. This position requires an organized and detail-oriented individual that also possesses strategy, communication, presentation, relationship management skills.
Senior Account Strategists are responsible for developing client strategy, managing expectations, and developing new business. A requisite skill is the effective and appropriate delegation of tasks and outcome management of others for the overall success of projects and programs. You will be the “glue” between the client and the agency’s internal team members driving the strategy of client accounts and investment of client budgets.
Client Relationships and Financial Success:
- Build strong working relationships; attending client events; developing personal resonance with clients; sharing our expertise being the voice of the agency with the client.
- Be the voice of the client in working effectively with internal teams and shaping the direction of outcomes.
- Work with, present, and "sell" to a wide range of people at client companies.
- Be the primary point of contact on all client communications including email, meetings, events, and others.
- Maintain the profitable short and long-term growth of existing accounts; contribute to the acquisition of new accounts.
- Attend industry events on the agency’s behalf, networking
- Responsible for researching, planning, proposing, and managing programs, under the supervision of the Account Strategist or other supervisor.
- Maintain a billable ratio of 60-80% by focusing on billable account management tasks.
Strategy and Planning:
- Develop marketing strategy connected to business and/or marketing goals and strategies as expressed by clients.
- Be skilled and successful at developing, presenting, implementing and communicating tactical plans for increasingly large and/or complex client programs.
- Lead the pitch and win new business by developing leveraging our expertise into a winning strategy for clients
This is you, if you:
- Enjoy managing communications and expectations in business relationships.
- Trusts others quickly and is enthusiastic.
- Influences others in a friendly, open manner with verbal adeptness.
- See your outfit/attire as part of your communication strategy.
- Not fearful of conflict, uses charm to disarm.
- Care about your title as much, if not more, than your paycheck
- Can think on your feet, like to find ways to make it happen
- Understand how the B2B technology market sales process works.
Education, Experience, and Capabilities:
- BA/BS required. Concentrations should include one or more of the following: communications, marketing, advertising, liberal arts.
- 10+ year(s) of experience in marketing communications with at least 5 of those years working on integrated programs or in the B2B technology context.
- Understanding of, and devotion to, the principles of B2B marketing.
- Experienced or enthusiastic about digital marketing technologies.
- >45 WPM typing, excellence in Microsoft Office and Google Tools (Gmail, Google Apps).
- Experience with Hubspot, Marketo, or other Marketing Automation Platforms a plus